- Area: 1,847 km2 (1.8% of the whole country)
- Population: 554,000 (1.1% of national population)
- Average Temperature : June 22-23℃ / humidity at the end of June
- Gross Provincial Product: 5,374.1 billion won (0.9% of GDP)
- Industrial structure: primary industry – 17.7%, secondary industry – 3.6%, tertiary industry – 78.7%
- Long. 126 08′ E ~ 126 58’E
- Lat. 33 06′ N ~ 34 00′ N
The geographical features that Jeju is located at the central point of the Northeast Asia and at the point connecting the continent and the sea makes Jeju the optimal place for the summit diplomacy since 1990’s. As a result, Jeju has been highlighted as a central point playing an important diplomatic role for the peace and prosperity of the Northeast Asia. Jeju is a strategic point connecting the continent (Russia and China) and the sea (Japan and the Southeast Asia) and shows the greatest landscape. Jeju has become the world-famous tourism and recreation place. Jeju is the world-famous resort island.
Jeju has a mild subtropical climate with less annual range and is famous for beautiful landscape in harmony with mountains and sea and many tourist attractions. Many world-famous guests have visited Jeju.
Since World Cup games were held here in 2002, Jeju has become the world-leading event place. In addition, with designation as the international free city, human resources, material resources, and various cultures can be freely exchanged in Jeju. With unique geographical feature of being located at the central point of the Northeast Asia, beautiful natural environments, many tourist attractions, and well-established infrastructures, Jeju will be the central point of the Asia-Pacific region in the 21st century.